***I have, upon request, deleted this post.***
Orange Shortbread Cookies with Dark Chocolate
Yield about 4 dozen
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
6 ounces dark chocolate
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in the vanilla and orange zest.
2. Add the flour gradually, incorporating it fully with each addition.
3. Make balls (or any other shape) using about ¼ cup of dough; flatten gently, placing about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool on wire rack.
5. Melt chocolate in sauce pan. Spoon melted chocolate over the cookies, either pooling it or drizzling, or dip the end of the cookie into the pot. Replace on wire rack to cool.
6. Eat with gusto and a glass of milk.